- Mix all seasoning ingredients together in a small jug until thoroughly combined and dissolved, then set aside.
- Crack and beat eggs into a small bowl, set aside.
- Slice each chicken thigh into 6-8 pieces, set aside.
- Place onion in a medium size, non-stick frypan, and cover with half the seasoning, bring to a gentle simmer. Place chicken pieces on top. Cook for 1-2 mins, before turning chicken pieces, then place a lid on and cook for a further 5-6 mins. Remove lid and turn chicken pieces again.
- Whilst mixing, gently pour the eggs over the chicken and onion mix, in and around all the pieces, starting in the center and working your way outward. Replace lid and cook for a further 2 mins, or until egg is just set. A small amount of jiggle is fine, cook to desired firmness.
- Sprinkle over greens of choice and remove from heat.
- Divide rice among bowls, and gently place portion on top of rice.
- Serve with additional seasoning as desired, togarashi and pickled ginger.