- In a wok, heat 1-2 tbsp cooking oil over medium-high heat. Pour in the egg mixture and stir constantly with a spatula. Keep stirring until eggs are cooked then dish out to set aside.
- Heat 3-6 tbsp cooking oil and fry the prawns. When cooked, set aside.
- Use the balance of the oil to saute the garlic, dried prawns, shallots and sambal belachan. Add the rice and fry at high heat, keep stirring to avoid burning the rice.
- Add the salt, light soy sauce and dark soy sauce.
- Add in the prawns, stir in, then dish.
- Garnish with sliced omelette, diced spring onions and chilli.