- Place beef slices with the Beef Marinade into a bowl, mix well and let sit for 15 mins.
- Place 4-5 cups of water in a saucepan with the Stock ingredients. Just before the stock comes to a boil, discard konbu. Simmer stock for about 10 mins. Strain the stock, discard the stock ingredients and set stock aside.
- Arrange mushrooms, vegetables and beef evenly around a small shallow pan (jeongol pan).
- Pour stock into the pan and add Chilli Seasoning (optional). Bring the stock to a boil, reduce heat and simmer gently for about 5 mins. Add soy sauce, salt and cooking sake.
- Noodles can be added after most of the mushrooms, vegetables and meat has been served.