To Make Filling
- In a food processor, add all filling ingredients and blend to form a paste.
To Prep Money Bags
- Boil a pot of water, add a pinch of salt and blanch the spring onions for 15 secs. Remove from heat and place in ice water until cooled. Drained and set aside.
- Place 1 tbsp of the filling onto the centre of a spring roll pastry. Hold the edges up to form the shape of a pouch. Use a spring onion to go around the folds and tie to secure the pouch. Trim off excess length.
- Heat enough oil in a wok or saucepan on medium-high. Testing with a wooden spoon or chopsticks, when bubbles form around it, the oil is hot enough. Deep fry the money bags in batches, for 3-4 mins or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove from heat and drain on kitchen towel. Transfer to serving plate and garnish with spring onion curls.
- Serve immediately with sweet chilli sauce.