- Trim the leaves off of the stems. Clean, drain and pat dry the leaves prior to frying to reduce the risk of spitting.
- Heat a pot with enough oil to deep fry over a medium heat until the oil reaches a temperature of about 180 degrees Celsius.
- Fry the kale in batches for about a minute to a minute and a half each batch. When they have cooked, remove them from the oil and let them drain on paper towels or a wire rack.
- Season with salt and pepper as they drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, miso paste and grated ginger and whisk together until they are all well incorporated.
In a frying pan, add the oil and heat it over a medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and allow to cook without stirring for about 30 seconds or until the bottom of the mixture has begun to set.
- When the bottom has begun to set, scramble the eggs constantly until the eggs are almost cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow the eggs to cool slightly before transferring on the a plate to serve.
- To serve, plate the eggs with the crispy kale and garnish with chilli and sliced coriander. Optionally, you can pan fry a slice of buttered bread too!