- Preheat an oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix together the miso paste, mirin, sugar and sake until well combined.
- Cut the eggplants in to halves and score them on the inside.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and set aside.
- Heat up oil in a pan over a high heat and cook the eggplant skin side down. Cook the eggplant until the skin has browned before flipping the eggplant over, covering the pan and continuing to cook for another 5 mins or until the flesh has cooked through.
- Remove the eggplants from the pan and set on to the baking tray. Brush over the miso mixture until the flesh is fully coated.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and broil for 5-10 mins or until the miso has lightly charred.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve while hot and enjoy!