- Slice eggplant in half and using a knife, score the inside in small squares.
- In a pan over high heat, add oil and put the eggplant skin facing down.
- Cook for a few minute until skin is brown. Turn the eggplant over and cover with a lid. Cook until eggplant is cooked through for about 5 to 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix miso, mirin, sugar and sake.
- Cover a cooking tray with foil and place the eggplant on top. Brush miso dengaku mix on top of each eggplant until the entire surface is coated.
- Put in the oven and broil at 200°C for 5-10 mins. The miso mix should be bubbling when you take it out of the oven.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve hot.