To Prep the Gravy
- Boil and mash the sweet potatoes, set aside.
- Poach beef until cooked and cut into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place in a blender dried shrimps, shallots, garlic, galangal, ginger and fermented soybeans. Add about ½ a cup of water and blend until fine.
- In a large pot, heat up the oil and then add the blended paste, meat curry powder, and lemon grass stalks.
- Sauté on medium heat until fragrant and oil begins to split. This should take 10-15 minutes.
- Add about 2 cups of beef stock, and stir until combined.
- Next, add the mashed sweet potatoes, cooked beef and palm sugar to the pot of gravy and mix well.
- Slowly add more beef stock until the gravy has reached your desired consistency.
- Bring to a boil and set aside.
To Prep the Noodles and Garnish
- Separately, blanch yellow noodles and bean sprouts then set aside.
- Pan-fry the bean curd until golden brown, and then cut into 2cm pieces.
- Hard boil the eggs and cut into halves.
- In a bowl, portion out yellow egg noodles and bean sprouts.
- Ladle gravy over noodles and bean sprouts to sufficiently cover the noodles.
- Garnish with egg, bean curd, sliced chillies, fried shallots, Chinese celery, spring onion and calamansi lime.
- Serve hot.