To Make Fritters
- Mix all the ingredients for fritter to form batter. Use a tablespoon to scoop a big dollop into hot oil and deep fried till golden brown. Cooled and cut into chunks.
To Make Chilli Paste
- Remove seeds from dried chillies, soak in hot water for 15 mins and blend with 2 tbsp of water.
- Heat up frying pan with 3 tbsp of oil and sauté the chilli paste over low heat till fragrant and oil is separated. Add in brown sugar, tamarind juice, salt and cook for 1 min. Set aside to cool.
To Cook Mamak Mee Goreng
- Put 2 tbsp oil into frying pan and sauté the chopped onion and garlic.
- Toss in fried tofu slices and boiled potatoes and fry for 1 min.
- Add in 1 tbsp fried chilli paste (add 2 tbsp if you prefer spicier), squid and fry for 1 min.
- Toss in the choy sum and squid, stir and put in the fritters and tomato wedges. Cook for 1 min.
- Toss in the noodles then the sauce ingredients and stir for further 30 secs or till well mixed.
- Push noodles to one side, pour beaten eggs, stir it till half cooked.
- Bring noodles together with the eggs and fry till cooked.
- Toss in bean sprouts and chillies, cook for 1 min and plate up.
- Garnish with cucumber julienne, sliced green chillies and lime wedges. Serve.