- Put salt, sesame seeds, sesame oil, and ground black pepper into a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Put soy sauce, vinegar, and honey (or sugar) in another bowl. Mix well with a spoon. Add in the onion chunks and green chilli pepper slices then set the bowl aside.
- Strain the rice.
- Remove the giblets from the chickens and clean it by rubbing salt all over it. Rinse the chicken under cold running water.
- Pat the chicken dry and remove any extra fat around the body cavities with a pair of kitchen scissors.
- Stuff chicken with rice, ginseng, jujube, and garlic cloves. Any leftover rice can be put into the pot.
- Place the chicken into a heavy pot. Add 5 cups of cold water, or until it immerses the chicken. Cover and cook over medium high heat for 30 mins.
- Turn down the heat to medium and cook another 40 mins until the chicken, ginseng, and rice turns soft. Open up the pot from time to time and stir some broth from the bottom over to the top of the chicken. If the broth evaporates too much, add more water.
- Remove from the heat.
- Place chicken into a serving bowl and add broth. Top it with a sprinkle of chopped green onion and ground black pepper. Serve with kimchi and of dipping sauces.