- Combine the marinade ingredients together in to a small bowl and mix them together.
- Add the chicken to the mixing bowl and let marinade for at least 10 mins.
- Preheat oven to grill setting at 200°C.
- In a pan, add the tbsp of oil and heat over medium heat before adding the rice cakes.
- Fry them until they start to turn light brown before removing the pan from the heat and setting them aside.
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add the marinated chicken and water. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook for 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid and add the cooked rice cakes to the pan. Mix well and then continue to cook while covered for another 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- When the meat has fully cooked, transfer the chicken to a metal serving pan and sprinkle over with cheese before transferring to oven to grill until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and garnish with spring onions.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.