- Clean shishito peppers under running water. After cleaning, trim off the stems and cut into bite sizes.
- Blanch shishito peppers for 2-3 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Heat wok with oil over medium heat. Add anchovies and stir fry for about 1-2 mins
- Turn off heat and transfer anchovies to a plate.
- Add some oil to the wok and once heated, stir in the sauce mixture and simmer for about 3-4 mins or until it bubbles and slightly thickens.
- Add the shishito peppers and stir fry for another minute. Turn off heat.
- Add anchovies and toasted sesame seeds and stir through.
- Serve as a side dish with other banchan.