- Partially freeze pork belly. Slice pork belly into thin pieces.
- For the batter, combine and mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cabbage, spring onion, pickled ginger and calamari to batter mix.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add 150ml of mix to frying pan, then 5-6 slices of pork belly. Cook okonomiyaki until bottom is golden brown. Flip over.
- Cook the other side until it is thoroughly cooked and golden brown.
- Flip the okonomiyaki again and place on a plate.
- Top with tonkatsu sauce, mayonnaise, bonito flakes and yaki nori strips. Serve hot.