- Heat up 4 L of water in a large pot and bring to a boil over a high heat before adding the prawns and cooking for 2 mins. Remove the prawns from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add in the carcasses, pork bones, drumsticks and the white peppercorns. Return to a boil before reducing to a simmer and cooking for 2 hrs.
- While the broth simmers, remove the heads from the prawns and cook the prawn heads in a pan with vegetable oil over a medium-high heat.
- Continue to cook until the shell has become crispy and the oil has taken the colour of the prawn before removing from the heat and filtering the oil to use. Set aside.
- When the drumsticks have become tender, remove them from the pot and remove the meat from the bone and set aside.
- In a pot of water, blanch the chives until the begin to wilt before settings aside. Add the noodles in to the pot to cook as per the instruction before also removing from the pot and setting aside.
- Add the salt in to the broth and mix until dissolved. Add more if necessary before removing from the heat to plate.
- In a serving bowl, add the noodles, chives, chicken drumstick meat and prawns and ladle the soup stock over it.
- Finish by garnishing with fried shallots, sliced coriander and drizzle with the prawn oil.
- Serve with a small bowl of the dipping sauce by combining the dipping sauce ingredients together and mixing.