- Cook the chicken fat over medium heat and wait for it to turn crispy. Keep the crispy fat to garnish the noodles.
- Soak the shiitake mushrooms for about 2 mins. Heat up a pan and add the cooking oil and garlic, frying for about 30 secs. Add the ginger and fry for about 30 secs.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 min. Add the mushrooms, 1 cup
- of chicken stock and seasonings and bring to a boil before lowering the heat to simmer for 15 mins.
- Season to taste. Add the hard boiled eggs to the sauce and leave for one day so that the eggs absorb the flavour and turn brown.
- Cook the noodles based on the package, rinsing with cold water after cooking.
- Blanch the bok choy until it has become soft and rinse with cold water. Then, set roughly chop it and leave it to the side.
- Remove any fat from the chicken and cut the chicken into small portions. Dice the fat and cook it on low-medium heat, waiting for the fat to ooze out. Take out the crispy chunks and save them.
- Place the 3 cups of chicken stock in a small sauce pan and let it simmer gently and season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Remove the hard-boiled eggs from the sauce and cut into desired portions.
- Add 1 tsp of the chicken fat/oil and 2-3 tbsp of the chicken stew sauce to one bowl with some noodles. Divide the noodles, chicken meat and mushrooms among the bowls. Top the bowl with green onions, fried shallots, egg and crunchy pieces. Pour some chicken stock in a smaller bowl with some spring onion as garnish.
- Serve while hot.