- In a pot, add in the kombu and fill it with enough water so that all of the tofu you have can be easily submerged. Let the kombu absorb the water for at least an hour.
- When the stock has begun to absorb the flavour of the kombu, take out half a cup of it and combine it with the soy sauce and mirin to make the dipping sauce. Mix and set aside.
- Cut the tofu in to the size that you intend to eat it at and then carefully add them in to the pot. Turn on the stove and bring the broth to a low boil over a medium heat.
- Transfer the cut tofu in to bowls and pour in some of the stock. Top with katsuobushi and cut some kombu for extra taste. Serve with the dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Tip: You can cook and serve this dish entirely in a clay pot or donabe for a more authentic look.