- Soak the dried hijiki in water for at least 30 mins. After the hijiki has hydrated, strain the hijiki and drain out as much water as you can.
- While the hijiki re-hydrates, slice the carrot, konnyaku, and aburaage into thin, long strips of 3cm in length.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and stir-fry the hijiki, carrot, konnyaku, and aburaage for 5 mins.
- Add seasoning ingredients in to the pan and stir. When the sauce has coated the ingredients, cover the pan with a lid and continue to cook for another 10 mins.
- Remove the cover and add the edamame in to the pan. Continue to cook until the liquid has almost all evaporated and then remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Serve warm or even cool. Store leftover in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a week.