To Prepare the Chicken
- Marinate chicken inside out with salt, then stuff with spring onion, garlic and ginger. Boil water in a deep stockpot and put in the chicken (the chicken must be immersed completely in the water).
- Lower the heat and simmer the chicken for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and soak chicken for 30 minutes in the stock. Ensure the stockpot cover remains intact. Remove chicken and set aside to cool. Reserve the stock for the rice.
To Prepare the Rice
- Heat oil and saute garlic until aromatic. Stir in uncooked rice and fry for about three to four minutes. Place rice in an electric rice cooker. Add stock, salt and pandan leaves. When rice is cooked and fluffy, scoop out with a ladle and roll into balls (while rice is still hot). Set aside.
To Make the Garlic Chilli Sauce
- Pound or blend the ingredients with salt, chicken stock and lime juice. Mix well. Serve in small saucers.
- To make the ginger sauce: Pound or blend the ginger sauce ingredients together and serve with the rice and chicken. Serve in small saucers.
To Serve the Chicken
- Rub a little sesame oil and light soy sauce over chicken. Cut into serving pieces and serve with cucumber slices and garnish with spring onion and Chinese coriander.