- Remove/cut away prawns’ whiskers and legs. Wash and pat dry.
- With a pair of scissors, cut the middle of the prawn’s shell all the way to the tail. Then, using a paring knife, cut the flesh all the way to butterfly the prawn. Set them aside.
- Heat up frying pan with 1 tbsp of oil and sauté the minced garlic for 1 min, then toss in the sliced lemongrass and fry for 1 min. Add in the chopped coriander stems and chopped chillies and fry for 30 secs.
- Add in tom yum paste and stir till everything is well coated. Add in fish sauce, fry for a few secs and toss in the sliced kaffir lime leaf. Stir and add in sugar. Keep stirring and add in water. Stir till combined. Remove and set aside.
- Scoop the fried paste and spread onto prepared prawns.
- Heat up a grill pan with a tbsp of oil and grill the prawns shell side down till flesh turned opaque. You may want to cover the grill pan for even circulation.
- Serves cooked prawns sprinkle with some thinly sliced kaffir lime leaf and cut lime.