- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Score the cut side of the eggplant and brush each half with a tablespoon of olive oil. Place in the oven and roast for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, make the miso glaze: whisk the miso, mirin, rice wine vinegar and honey together in a small bowl.
- Remove the eggplants from the oven. Switch from the oven setting to the grill setting. Brush with a generous amount of the miso glaze.
- Place the eggplants under the grill for 5 mins, or until the miso glaze has caramelised.
- Serve with scattered with spring onion, coriander, chilli, sesame seeds and a side of cooked rice.