- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor to make the spice paste.
- Process to a fine paste, stopping to scrape down occasionally. Add a little more water if it is too dry.
- Boil the glass noodles for 1 min, then plunged into an ice bath to stop the cooking, and drain.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker pot.
- Add the spice paste, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and curry leaves. Stir over medium heat until fragrant, for about 3 mins.
- Pour the chicken stock into the spice paste. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken pieces and bring to a simmer. Place the lid on the pressure cooker and cook at 12-15 psi for 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat and keep the lid on. Allow the pressure cooker to cool for 10 mins.
- Remove and discard the lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and curry leaves from the stock.
- Next, remove the chicken from the stock and discard the bones. Finely shred the meat by hand. Set aside.
- Place individual serves of glass noodles, shredded chicken, bean sprouts and celery leaves into individual serving bowls.
- Ladle over the hot chicken stock.
- Squeeze over some fresh lime juice and garnish with fried shallots and hard-boiled egg halves.
- Serve immediately, with sambal oelek, kecap manis and prawn crackers on the side.