- Heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium-high heat in a pot, then sauté the chopped shallots, garlics, red chillies and red capsicums for about 5 mins.
- Add in all sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Allow sauce to simmer for approx. 5 mins or until slightly reduced.
- Stir in flour solution and let simmer until thickened, about 1 min.
- Stir in the Thai basil leaves and cook for another 1 min or until fragrant, then reduce heat to the lowest to keep warm until ready to serve.
- Heat oil in a wok to deep fry the whole fish. Coat fish with flour and carefully slide into the hot oil. Deep fry until the side facing down is crispy and browned.
- Flip the fish and continue frying until the other side is crispy and browned. Remove fish to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Allow excess oil to be soaked and transfer fish to a serving plate. Top the crispy fish with the Thai basil chilli sauce and serve immediately.