- Rinse rice thoroughly.
- Add all the ingredients into a pot. Bring to the boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low.
- Cook on low for 5-10 mins, or until rice is almost cooked, with some liquid remaining.
- Remove the pandan leaves, then roughly mash the rice with a potato masher.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and allow to cook for a further 10 minutes, or until completely cooked, adding more water if necessary.
- Once rice has cooked, cover with a lid, then set aside to cool slightly for 5-10 mins.
- Line a baking dish with cling wrap. Press the rice into the baking dish, then allow to fully cool at room temperature or in the fridge.
- To serve, cut the rice into cubes using a greased knife, cleaning the knife after each slice.
- Serve with Satay Sauce, Chicken Rendang or Beef Floss.