- Blend or process the spice paste ingredients to form a paste.
- Toast the peanuts in a pan until golden. Allow to cool, then grind to form a coarse powder.
- In a pot, heat up the oil and add the bruised lemongrass and stir in the spice paste. Cook on medium heat for 15 mins, or until oil starts to release from the paste.
- Pour in the water and tamarind juice, then bring to the boil.
- Add the crushed peanuts and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Season with palm sugar and salt. Stir frequently and continue cooking for 30 mins or until sauce thickens to desired consistency.