- Bring a pot of water to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high, add the meat and boil until tender.
- Remove the meat and allow to cool. Reserve the leftover stock.
- Blend or process the spice paste ingredients with some of the reserved beef stock. Set aside.
- Shred the meat into small pieces with two forks and set aside.
- Heat up a wok over high heat, then add the coconut milk and spice paste.
- Bring it to a boil and add in the meat, then stir through.
- Add in coriander seeds, salt and palm sugar to taste.
- Reduce heat to low, then cook for 3 hrs or until dry, stirring frequently.