- Place chicken carcasses in a large pot. Fill with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 1 hr, regularly removing scum and fat from the surface.
- Meanwhile, combine pork mince, shallot, fish sauce, salt, pepper, chicken powder and sugar in a large bowl. Set aside to marinate for at least 30 mins.
- From marinated mince, roll small, bite-sized meatballs and set aside.
- Once broth has boiled for 1 hr, remove chicken bones. Reduce heat to medium-low and season with sugar and salt to taste.
- Add in meatballs and cook for 5-10 mins or until cooked. Turn off heat and add in chrysanthemum garland, allowing to wilt slightly. Serve immediately.