- Heat a pan with 3 tbsp oil then fry the onion on a low heat until golden and crisp, then drain on some kitchen paper towel. Chop the onion, then set aside.
- Add the pork belly with the fried onions and fry for 5 mins in a hot pan, then add the mushrooms, chopped spring onion, garlic and ginger and fry for a few more mins.
- Add in the dark soy sauce, soy sauce, cooking rice wine, star anise, salt, sugar and cooked eggs. Then transfer all the food into a soup pot and add enough warm water to cover everything.
- Place a lid on the pot and slowly cook for about 1 hr until the meat is soft and tender and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve with jasmine rice and bok choy.