- Get ready steamer, put water and bring to boil under high heat.
- Put a cellophane plastic sheet on a 15cm bamboo basket or plastic container.
- Mix sugar, water and flour together to form thick syrup. Then, pour the syrup in a big mixing bowl, add glutinous rice flour, and stir until as well combined.
- Sift the flour mixture into the wooden basket and cover the container with aluminium foil. Steam in the steamer for 1-2 hrs or when the rice cake is set.
- Note: The rice cake can be sticky when hot. Serve when after it hardens in the room temperature.