- Place dry chilli flakes in a heatproof bowl. Heat oil gently in a saucepan. Take off heat for about 30 secs, then pour over chilli flakes. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pork mince with the cabbage, onion, ginger, spring onions, oyster sauce, Shaoxing wine, salt, pepper and sesame oil. Stir all ingredients in one direction until mixture becomes sticky.
- Place 1 tsp worth of filling in the middle of pastry, brush a little bit of water around the edge of the pastry with your finger, then fold the pastry in half to enclose the filling. Crimp the edges to create the folds.
- Place 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a non-stick frying pan. Heat oil and add 15 dumplings. Pan fry on medium-low heat until the bottom is slightly golden. Add ½ cup of water, cover with lid and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove lid and cook over medium heat until the bottoms crisp up. Drizzle with extra oil if required.
- Serve with dipping sauce and chilli oil.
- Note: To boil the dumplings, place dumplings in boiling water until they float to the surface. Add a cup of cold water and bring to boil. Remove dumplings from water and serve.