- Bring the chicken stock to the boil. Add the ears of corn and cook for 4 mins.
- Remove the corn from the broth and slice the kernels off. Set aside.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tbsp water and stir until a thick paste forms. Add the paste to the broth, along with the ginger and soy sauce. Simmer for 1 min.
- Add the chicken, corn kernels and creamed corn to the broth. Cook for 2 mins.
- Whisk the egg whites and slowly add to the soup, stirring until white ribbons form.
- Divide the soup among four small bowls and top with chopped spring onions.