- Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Cook the mixture on low heat, stirring constantly until batter thickens and turns into translucent green.
- Have a big bowl filled with water and ice.
- Put a small amount of batter into potato ricer or colander and squeeze into iced water. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Drain cendol and transfer into container and set aside.
For Palm Sugar Syrup
- Place palm sugar, pandan leaves, salt and water, in a small pot and let it simmer until all the palm sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, discard pandan leaves and set aside.
- Do the same with the coconut milk, boil the coconut milk with pandan leaves and salt. once boiled, discard the pandan leaves and set aside to cool.
- In small bowl, layer the gula melaka first, then pack bowl with crushed ice. Add glutinous rice (optional), coconut milk, and top with creamed corn and kidney beans (optional). Drizzle with more palm sugar syrup and serve immediately.