- Heat oil in a wok or large pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Toss in rehydrated shiitake mushrooms and stir fry for 1-2 mins until aromatic. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Continue to stir fry until seasonings are infused into the mushrooms.
- Pour in 1½ cups mushroom water and bring to a boil. Then, turn down to low heat and gently simmer for 15 mins, covered. Stir occasionally.
- Add in remaining 1 cup mushroom water and put in broccoli and carrots. Mix well and cook over medium high heat for 3-4 mins, covered. Stir occasionally to ensure the vegetables are cooked in the liquid. Run a taste test and add more soy sauce if needed.
- Pour in corn starch mixture and stir to thicken the sauce.
- Transfer to serving plate and serve with steamed rice.