- Grind all ingredients for spice paste A then add in 50ml water.
- Place ground spice paste A in a bowl, and mix in ingredients for spice mix B.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp sugar in 3 cups water.
- Heat up a wok or pot and add oil. Fry the ground spice paste at medium to high heat. When the paste becomes aromatic, add the pork belly and fry until it is half cooked.
- Add in the sugar water and cook on high heat, then add the raw potatoes.
- When it reaches to a boil, turn to medium heat and simmer till the meat is tender for about 40 to 60 mins. Check the meat with a fork, when tender the fork should go through it easily. Once the meat is tender, turn the heat to high to thicken the gravy. This should take about 10 mins. Keep stirring to avoid gravy from burning.
- Add salt and dark soy sauce to taste. Dish out and serve hot with steamed rice.