- Combine all Seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and mix well, set aside.
- In another bowl, combine all Marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Clean chicken with some salt, rinse and drain well. Mix chicken with Marinade sauce mix and leave in the fridge for 1 hr.
- Rub bitter melon with salt. Bring a pot of water to boil and blanch the bitter melon for about 1 min. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp cooking oil in a wok, sauté ½ of the garlic and ginger until fragrant.
- Add chicken and pan fry for about 3 mins over medium high heat, or until chicken is half done. (Chicken begins to shrink and firm up). Remove from wok and set aside.
- Reheat wok and add 1 tbsp cooking oil. When oil is hot, add in the remaining garlic and ginger. Stir fry until fragrant and lightly browned, add the yellow bean paste and fermented black beans. Stir to mix well.
- Add in bitter melon to braise, then mix in chicken.
- Pour in Seasoning mixture, stir well and bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat to medium low and let simmer for about 20 mins or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Add the corn flour solution and toss the chicken and the bitter melon until sauce thickens.
- Dish out and garnish with spring onion. Serve hot with steamed rice.