- Place the beef in the freezer for 1 hr – this will make it easier to slice thinly.
- Combine the soy sauce, onion, nashi pear, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar and garlic in a small ceramic or glass dish.
- Remove the beef from the freezer, thinly slice, then add to the marinade and keep covered in the fridge for at least 2 hrs.
To Make Pickle
- Place the rice wine vinegar and caster sugar in a saucepan and heat until combined. Pour over the carrot and daikon and leave to pickle for 2 hrs.
- Heat a BBQ or griddle pan on high heat. Grill the beef for less than 1 min each side or until just cooked.
- Serve the dish by placing the the grilled beef, lettuce leaves, steamed rice, pickled carrot and daikon, and fresh chilli and spring onion slices in the centre of the table and allow your guests to assemble.