- In a large bowl, place all the ingredients for the filling and mix well.
- On a flat surface, use a damp cloth to wipe a piece of bean curd skin to remove some excess salt and to soften the wrapper slightly.
- Scoop and place about 3 tbsp of filling at the middle of the skin.
- Roll the bean curd skin over the filling, then fold the sides to seal.
- Roll tightly into a cylinder roughly 1.5″ wide and 4″ long. Brush a little egg white on the edge to secure the roll. This recipe should make about 10 rolls.
- Shallow fry bean curd skin rolls in batches until golden. Remove and drain well.
To Prep the Sauce
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan, then, saute garlic and ginger for a few seconds.
- Add the chicken stock, white pepper and cooking wine. Bring to boil and thicken with a little corn flour solution.
- Place ½ of the rolls in a shallow bowl, pour ½ of the sauce on top, then cover and steam over medium heat for 8 mins.