- Pound chillies and garlic together then add fish sauce, vinegar, lime juice and sugar. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Add tomatoes and onion and set aside for 1 hr.
- Wash and clean the squid tubes, and cut into 1.5cm rings.
- Bring 6 cups of water and a pinch of salt to the boil. Add the squid and cook for 5 mins until soft and tender.
- Toss with the prepared dressing, chilli (for approximately 1 hr) and garnish with the hot mint leaves before serving.
- Hint: Serve on a bed of Chinese lettuce or mesclun salad mix.