- Cut pork belly into large 4-5cm chunks and add all marinade ingredients together. Mix well and set to marinate overnight.
- Over low heat, heat 3 tbsp of sugar with 1 tbsp of water in a heavy bottom pot.
- Gently stir until sugar turned lumpy, add another tablespoon of water. Continue until sugar starts to caramelise. This will take a while.
- Once sugar starts caramelising, sear the pork belly pieces until all have been seared and coated with caramelised sugar.
- Add in coconut juice enough to cover pork belly. Bring it to a slow boil.
- With a spoon, remove any scum that float up onto the surface until you get a clear sauce. Cover and simmer for 45 mins.
- Toss in the hard boiled eggs and let it simmer for 20 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro and chillies. Serve hot with steamed rice.