- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, fish sauce and water and mix well.
- Then, add the lime juice, garlic and chilli. Mix and set aside for later.
- Combine the sliced beef, oyster sauce, ½ tbsp minced garlic, lemongrass, salt, pepper, chicken stock and 1 tbsp vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Mix well, making sure that the beef in evenly coated in the marinade. Let the beef marinade for 20 mins.
- Heat up a wok and add the remainder of the vegetable oil. When the oil has heated up, sauté the rest of the garlic until fragrant.
- Next add the beef to the wok and fry until the beef is no longer pink.
- Cook the rice vermicelli according to packet instructions. Drain the noodles when they are done and portion into individual bowls.
- Add the mixed greens and cucumber on top the vermicelli and top with the stir fried beef. Garnish with the do chu, fried shallots, and crushed peanuts.
- Use the dipping fish sauce as a salad dressing. Mix the salad with the dressing and serve.