- Let the rice cool down so that it is cold enough to handle. While waiting, cut the seaweed sheet into 4 long strips to wrap the onigiri with.
- Drain any water or oil from the canned tuna, add the mayonnaise and pepper and mix well.
To Make the Onigiri
- Wet your hands slightly with water and rub ½ tsp of salt in to them.
- Place about a cup of rice into one hand and place a tablespoon of the tuna mayo into the centre.
- Fold the rice over the tuna and begin shaping into a triangular shape.
- Once the shape has been formed, wrap the onigiri in the seaweed strip and serve.