- Using a food processor or mortar and pestle, add garlic, chillies and shallots and pound/blitz into a fine paste.
- Add in turmeric and ground coriander seeds, and mix until well combined. If too dry, add a little water to moisten the paste.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir through torch ginger.
- Add in chicken, and stir through to coat chicken. Cover in cling film and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rice flour, salt and pepper.
- In a large sauce pan or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat to 165°C.
- Drain drumsticks from marinade, then dip in flour to completely coat chicken. Shake excess.
- Carefully drop chicken into hot oil in batches of 2-3 drumsticks. Cook for 10-12 mins or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain, then transfer to a wire rack. Garnish with torch ginger petals and serve immediately.