- Using a mortar and pestle, grind garlic, black pepper and half of the sliced ginger until a paste is formed. Set aside.
- Coat a non-stick clay pot with a small amount of cooking oil. Neatly place the uncrushed sliced ginger on the based on the pot and place the celery leaves on top of the sliced ginger.
- Using a small mixing bowl, mix sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce, and soy sauce.
- Add the paste from your mortar and pestle into the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add the crab into the mixing bowl, allow to marinate for 10-15 mins, and then remove and set aside.
- Drain the glass noodles to get rid of the excess water, then add the glass noodles into the mixing bowl and mix well so they can absorb the sauce evenly.
- Place the noodles in your clay pot on top of the ginger and celery leaves. Create a flat top by patting the glass noodles down. Then, neatly lay the crab on top of the glass noodles.
- Cook for 15 mins over medium-high heat.
- Garnish with celery and serve.