To Prepare chicken wings
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Valcom green curry paste, fish sauce, palm sugar and canola oil to make the chicken marinade.
- Place cleaned chicken wings into the bowl and thoroughly coat with the marinade. Cover bowl with cling wrap and leave in the fridge for 2 hrs.
- In the meantime, prepare the curry leaf garnish by either shallow frying in a small pot with canola oil or massaging canola oil on some fresh curry leaves and cooking in an air fryer at 180°C for 8 mins. If air frying, make sure you cover the leaves with a small mesh to stop them from flying around in the air fryer. Both methods should yield crunch curry leaves for garnish.
- Prior to cooking the chicken wings, place the chopped coriander and cornstarch into the bowl with the marinated chicken wings and mix thoroughly with the wings.
- Place the chicken wings into an air fryer, do not overlap and cook at 180°C for 20-25 mins until golden brown.
- In the meantime, prepare the Nam Jim sauce by combining lime juice, palm sugar, garlic, chopped bird’s eye chili, fish sauce and water. Mix well and place into a small bowl ready to serve with the wings.
- To plate, stack the wings on a plate, drizzle with a tablespoon of the Nam Jim sauce over and garnish with scattered crispy curry leaves. Serve immediately.