- Pour stock into large pot and bring to boil.
- Add galangal, half your garlic, lemongrass and chillies, and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add pumpkin and carrots, and simmer while covered for 5 mins or until tender.
- Heat oil in a separate pan, and stir fry the shallots and garlic for 2 mins, or until fragrant.
- Add curry paste to shallots and garlic and stir fry for another 2 mins.
- Transfer the shallots, garlic and curry paste into the pot with the now-softened carrot and pumpkin.
- Add the coconut cream, and Thai basil and simmer for a few mins.
- Toast pumpkin seeds in frying pan.
- Serve dish with or without rice and sprinkle on the toasted pumpkin seeds.