- Place shallot, garlic, galangal, coriander, basil, fish sauce, coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, sliced red chilli, chilli powder, and lime juice in a food processor or blender to make the coconut marinade.
- Process until well combined.
- Place fish fillets in a large bowl and add ½ of the coconut marinade. Reserve the rest for later.
- Slater the coconut marinade over both sides of the fish. Then, let it sit in the refrigerator for 10-15 mins.
- Spread a banana leaf approximately 1-foot square on a working surface. Place one fillet of the fish in the center of the leaf.
- Fold both sides of the wrapping material over the fish, then fold both ends to create a square “packet.” Turn it seam-side down to keep sides from opening.
- Place the packets in a glass casserole dish pie plate and bake for 15mins at 350 F, or longer depending on the thickness of the fillets.
- Warm up the reserved marinade.
- Scoop several spoonfuls of white rice onto the side of the fish and the marinade over the fish, then, add a sprinkling of basil and coriander leaves.