- Separate ½ cup coconut milk into small saucepan, mix with flour, stir until smooth, place over low heat until thickens. Remove from heat and set aside in a container for topping.
- Mix light coconut milk with the curry paste in a mixing bowl. Stir well with wooden spatula, combine the fish, stir gently and slowly, pour coconut milk into the mixture little by little, keep stirring until the fish absorb the curry. Add beaten egg and fish sauce, stir through, and then ½ cup basil leaves and 1 tbsp kaffir lime until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Put the vegetable or few basil leaves at the bottom of the prepared ramekins or bowls, place 4 tbsp of the fish curry mixture over the vegetable. Top with thick coconut milk and garnish with a little kaffir lime and red chilli.
- Place the bowls in the steamer, steam over boiling water at high heat for 20 mins or until cooked. Remove from heat.
- Your Steamed Fish Cakes are ready!