- Set up a steamer in a wok or in a covered pot to steam the eggplants for 10 minutes or until they have become soft.
- When the eggplant has cooked, transfer it on to the plate that you intend to serve the dish on and set it aside.
- In a small pot, heat the oil and the sesame oil over a medium-high heat before adding in the ginger and the sesame seeds.
- When the ginger has become fragrant, add in the chilli oil, sesame paste, soy sauce, salt and sugar and mix till all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Once the sauce has begun to simmer, remove the pot from the heat and mix in the spring onions and the black beans.
- To serve, pour the sauce over the eggplants and served topped with more sliced spring onions!