To Make the Paste
- Pound dried chillies, roughly chopped garlic, shallots and salt using a pestle and mortar.
- After pounding for a while, add shrimp paste and continue grinding.
- When these ingredients start to combine, add roughly chopped raw prawns and pound into a paste. Set aside.
To Cook the Soup
- Heat 5 cups of water over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add the paste when the water boils and stir well.
- Add chopped wombok and long green beans.
- When the vegetables are cooked, add palm sugar, fish sauce and tamarind juice. Stir well.
- Add peeled and deveined prawns into the pot.
- Remove the pot from heat when the prawns are cooked.
- Transfer the soup into serving bowl and serve. Serve with cooked jasmine rice.