- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add bamboo fungus. Boil for 2-3 mins, drain well and set aside.
- Carefully place egg tofu on a heat-proof dish, sprinkle salt evenly and wrap dish with plastic food wrap. Steam egg tofu for 5 mins.
- Remove the dish from steamer, then remove plastic food wrap and drain away water in the dish. Decorate the plate of egg tofu with blanched broccoli and set aside.
- In a saucepan, add chicken broth, chicken powder and oyster sauce. Bring the chicken broth to the boil, add cooked bamboo fungus. Simmer for 1-2 mins. Slowly add desired amount of thickener, constantly stirring.
- Remove bamboo fungus and arrange on top of egg tofu.
- Garnish silken egg tofu with crab roe and serve with steamed Jasmine rice.