- Put the red dates into a bowl with boiling water. Set aside for 5 mins.
- Cut the chicken thighs into pieces and put in a bowl with marinade ingredients, letting it marinate for 5 mins.
- Cut the spring onion into 5cm lengths.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok on medium/high heat. Once hot, cook the chicken in 2 batches (3 minutes for each batch). Remove from wok once cooked and set aside.
- Pour out half of the oil. Add the dried chillies and cook for 1 min. Add garlic, spring onions, red dates and half of the Sichuan peppercorns and cook for 1 min.
- Return the chicken to the wok, then add light soy sauce, Shaoxing wine, vinegar and Lee Kum Kee Chiu Chow Chilli Oil. Mix thoroughly for 1 min.
- Serve with rice.