- To prepare chokanjang, combine both ingredients and set aside.
- Peel shells off prawn except for the tail. Slice along the rounded back of each shrimp to ‘butterfly’ them as well as remove the vein. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Slice the cod fillets into smaller pieces of about 3x3cm.
- Lay out cod fillet pieces and season with salt, pepper and a few drops of sesame oil. Mix well and set aside for a few mins to marinate.
- Prepare flour in a plate and egg batter in a separate bowl.
- In a frying pan, add about 4 tbsp of oil and heat over medium-heat.
- Add some of the prawns or fish in to the flour and coat before transferring to the egg and then in to the pan.
- Cook for on one side until golden brown before flipping to repeat on the other side.
- Top up with more oil if required to stop the jeon from burning.
- When the joen has cooked, remove from the pan and set aside. Repeat with the rest of the ingredients until they’ve been used up.
- Serve saengsun and saewoo jeon with chokanjang on the side.